Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will act as the ‘Cloud Ambassador’ across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools & tactics to get the most out of their Product and Support investment.
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
- Partner with Amazon Web Services teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
- Interact with leading engineers around the world.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with multi-tasking ability. Should be a self-starter who is excited about learning new technology.
- Open to working non-standard hours (no night shifts) including a Sun-Mon or Fri-Sat weekend
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good depth of understanding in Hadoop Administration, support and troubleshooting (Any two applications: Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Presto, Map-Reduce, Zookeeper, HBASE, HDFS and Pig.)
- Intermediate programming/scripting skills. Ideally in Java or Python, but will consider experience in other Object Oriented and Functional languages.
- Good understanding of Linux and Networking concepts
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior working experience with AWS – any or all of EC2, S3, EBS, EMR
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus
- Proficient in Hadoop Map-Reduce and its Eco System [ Hive, HBASE, Spark, Presto etc.].
- Experienced with Linux system monitoring and analysis (disk management, memory management, permissions etc.)
- Good understanding of distributed computing environments
- Python and shell scripting
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- Experience building docker images and troubleshooting container related issues
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A