Website Clinix Health Group
The Registered Nurse will promote and deliver quality patient care and wellness in accordance with industry standards and to execute Nursing duties within the standards, procedures and protocols set down by the South African Nursing Council and Scope of Practice.
- Actively participate in internal and external auditing processes, for example DOH, National core standards, SHERQ, SANC and Risk Audit.
- Take responsibility for activities specifically related to midwifery which include – Act as lead health professional and contact for the expecting mother, Provide full antenatal care, Identify high risk pregnancies, monitor and support expecting mothers during labour and the birthing process, teach new and expectant mothers how to feed, care for and bathe their babies and understand the emotional, physical and psychological process of pregnancy and birth.
- Adhere to the principles and standards of patient advocacy according to the SANC acts and Omissions, Company Code of Conduct, patient rights and Responsibility charter, National Millennium Development goals and the responsibility of continuous professional development (CPD). Supervise, organize, lead and control quality of care work for self and the team adhering to therapeutic standards and goals.
- Perform nursing duties in accordance with the South African Nursing Council (SANC), Department of Health (DOH) and National Core Standards.
- Document and maintain accurate files and records of patient medication and conduct ward rounds including accompanying Doctors and other Medical Practitioners for creating and evaluating customized care plans including implementing.
- Monitor activities of nurses to ensure compliance with protocols, security and safety of patient environment, Group Nursing policies and procedures, SANC requirements on findings through regular unit rounds.
- BLS qualification.
- Computer Literacy.
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience in a private hospital environment advantageous.
- Advanced qualification preferred.
- Post registration experience required at least 2+ years in a Maternity ward.
- Nursing degree/Diploma.
Company: Clinix Health Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mafikeng, North West, SA
Application Deadline: N/A