Website Costco Wholesale Corporation
Costco Membership is looking for a dedicated and experienced Application Engineer to join its team that manages the development of the core membership, marketing and credit account systems. The Application Engineer will possess strong architectural, leadership and technical skills, with an extensive experience base from which to draw.
- Provides deep technical subject matter expertise on the design and development of high quality applications, with working knowledge of complex application development languages as needed; participates in code review sessions as a coordinator, owner, reader, recorder or observer.
- Provides leadership and oversight for solution delivery flow, partner with project managers, solution leads, and other stakeholders in establishing the work breakdown structure and rough order of magnitude estimates.
- Partners with Solution Architects to establish solution architectures and designs, translates, follows and drives architectural decisions into project execution.
- Responsible for ensuring solution designs are in compliance with architecture standards, technology guardrails, security and operational guidelines.
- Provides technical expertise in establishing processes, procedures, and technical standards.
Qualification & Experience:
- 7+ years of software development lifecycle experience.
- Proven experience successfully delivering software solutions for large cross platform projects.
- 5+ years’ experience on complex application platforms such as the Java EE and .NET platform.
- Detailed understanding of Project Management best practices and development methodologies.
- Proven ability to mentor and technically lead highly efficient development team.
- Proven ability to partner with, and lead others to deliver quality solutions.
- Has an excellent understanding of SDLC concepts and has the experience of performing at any development level including macro and micro design level work.
- In-depth knowledge of the architecture of distributed systems, deployment, and system infrastructure. Minimum 4 years’ experience as a development lead on major projects; provides project estimates and work-breakdown schedules.
Company: Costco Wholesale Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Issaquah, Washington
Application Deadline: N/A