The Agricultural Research Council (ARC) is a premier science institution that conducts research with partners, develops human capital and foster innovation in support of the agricultural sector. It provides diagnostic, laboratory, analytical, agricultural engineering services, post-harvest
technology development, agrochemical evaluation, consultation and advisory services, food processing technology services as well as various surveys and training interventions. Through its wider network of research institutes and experimental farms, the ARC provides a strong scientific base and a broadly distributed technology transfer capacity to the entire agricultural industry in South Africa.
- Manage the transport budget and authorize the repair and maintenance of vehicles;
- Be responsible for short-, medium- and long-term planning of the fleet;
- Act as proxy for licensing and ensure payment of traffic fines by employees;
- Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety regulations;
- Be responsible for administering the fleet vehicles, insurance administration and assistance with the asset register;
- Ensure that all vehicles are in an excellent mechanical condition;
- Perform the daily allocation of vehicles and accurately administer on the transport system;
- Control the procurement function;
- Liaise with internal and external clients;
- Supervise subordinates.
- Valid driver’s licence (code 08/EB);
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics AX system will be an advantage;
- Willingness to work overtime if or when required.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite;
- Good analytical, organizational and verbal communication skills;
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree or National Diploma in Transport or Logistics Management;
- 2-3 years’ experience in Fleet Management;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A