The individual will partner with Amazon Corporate teams in South Africa and other countries in the region. In this role, the incumbent will support the business teams to develop and implement people and organization development roadmap in order to achieve strategic business initiatives. This work includes, but is not limited to, partnering the org leadership in Org Design, Talent Management / Succession planning, Capability Development, Employee Experience, providing Change Leadership, building the Day 1 culture, and supporting day-to-day operations as well as on-going process improvement.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Assess overall health of business unit by drawing insights from data and identifying right inputs to address root cause.
- Come up with 3 and 5-year plans for scaling the organization in the region
- Partner with business leaders and DEI and Compliance SMEs to raise the bar on building an inclusive culture, ensuring diversity in workplace, and in creating a Day 1 culture.
- Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience
- Influence Amazon policies and practices to align with regional priorities and dynamics.
- Partner with the Hiring team to support execution of expansion / talent mix strategies
- Plan, manage and provide continuous improvement to all aspects of the client organization and leadership review process and the strategic objectives therein. This includes all monthly and quarterly Talent Mechanisms which focus on performance management and talent development.
- Partner with business leadership on workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment
- Working with business groups assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives within client group.
- Coach managers and leaders on people and org issues
- Partner with managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential.
- Experience with B-BBEE systems analysis and strategy creation
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in B-BBEE, including DTIC Codes of Good Practice, ICT Sector Codes, detailed reporting, policy review and verification
- Superior technical expertise in the interpretation and application of B-BBEE legislation, including all elements of the DTIC Codes
- Have experience of driving, initiating, and delivering people-related change management programs, earning trust with customers, effective senior stakeholder management, and translating policy into action.
- Experience of working with global partners.
- At least seven years’ relevant work experience as HRBP and/or related roles
- Should not only be passionate about delivering meaningful transformation solutions but obsessed with rigorous goal-setting, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A