Do you want to help define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we’re just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling’s Late Night, Donald Glover’s Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
- Coordinate kick-off calls with development for each individual project.
- Will create and update production charts for projects in territory.
- Meets with show producers, production managers and creative executives in regards to schedules, budget and all production related matters and issues.
- Analyzes budgets and cost reports.
- Track and process approvals and production payments with Business Affairs, Legal and Finance.
- Is on-set when necessary to evaluate work-flow, budgets and potential problems.
- Ensures major milestones are met (e.g. budget lock, budget approval, kick of calls, deliverables etc.)
- Monitor and support all Local Original Movie projects in development and production.
- Acts a liaison from producers to Head of Production – Local Original Productions at Amazon Studios based in Culver City.
- Extensive experience in creative, production, post production processes and related workflows
- Experience solving problems related to the production of content
- High level of oral and written proficiency in English and other South African languages.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Experience with budgeting, scheduling, and cost reports
- Able to travel when required for business meetings and direct oversight.
- Experience working on both domestic and international productions in South Africa
- Strong understanding of major unions, guilds, contractual terms and deal structures in the South African entertainment industry
- Extensive experience as a Producer/Production Executive or the equivalent with primary experience producing content in South Africa
- Familiarity with MMB budgeting and MMS scheduling (One-Liner, Day Out Of Days, etc.) documents.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A