Are you an experienced cloud architect/developer who can assist our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
- Agile software development and DevOps
- Advising and implementing AWS best practices
- Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
- Working as a technical leader along side customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
- Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
- Agile software development expert
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Hands on programing skills in any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, Ruby, .NET or Scala
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
- Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
- Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation
Qualification & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
- Ability to travel to client locations as needed (25-50%)
- 10+ years of an application programming and/or Hhnds-on technical application architecture experience
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Masters Degree desired.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A