Amazon Web Services (AWS), a leader in cloud computing, is seeking a talented Partner Practice Manager to help revolutionize the way we build strong professional services partners, and drive successful joint customer engagements. In this role, you will be responsible for driving alignment between ProServe, our internal partner team, our Account/Sales team, and our partners. The ideal candidate has experience developing strategic partner alliances and capitalizing on those alliances to deliver customer outcomes.
- Be a customer advocate – Work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps
- Sell cloud consulting engagements – that can span from short on-site consulting projects proving the value of AWS services to massive cloud migration consulting projects that include the movement of thousands of applications and the automation of the cloud infrastructure to house them.
- Deliver value – lead high quality delivery of a variety of customized consulting engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors.
- Engage customers – collaborate with enterprise marketing managers and develop strong customer and partner relationships to build a growing consulting business within Africa.
- Lead great people – attract top IT talent (architecture, security, big data, operations, IT Transformation) to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills
- Coach and teach – collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, marketing, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and analytical environment.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to positively influence peers, leadership, and external entities.
- High business acumen and passion.
Qualification & Experience:
- 7+ years experience in sales, business development, and program management
- Good understanding of working with system integrators
- Experience operating within cross-functional / highly matrixed country, region and global teams to deliver sales, business development, campaigns on tight deadlines
- Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to Enterprise IT Infrastructure, DevOps, IT Transformation, Big Data and Application Migration.
- English language fluency
- 7+ years working with/for a technology company or consulting firm in a role involving partners and strategic alliances
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A