At AWS, we are hiring the best technical cloud computing architects to help our customers and partners develop technical expertise and capacity. Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to deliver proof-of-concept projects, conduct topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, networking, archiving and disaster recovery.
- You will work with customers and partners internalizing their context while using your business and technical skills to design solutions based on requirements and constraints. You will own and complete key tasks and deliverables, and collaborate with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholders needs.
- You will work towards customer business outcomes, ensuring there is a strong connection between delivery activities and business objectives.
- As Senior Consultant you will manage projects independently and also deliver as part of larger teams.
- As an Amazonian leader you will embrace and apply the Amazon Leadership Principles, proactively engaging other teams to learn and share, and participating actively in the recruitment and onboarding of future team members.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- 6+ years of IT implementation experience
- Scripting and/or coding skills
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- 3+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A