In your role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2 compute, Amazon S3 storage, Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, Amazon CloudFront CDN, etc.) within large strategic accounts. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, working cross-organizationally to facilitate widespread use and adoption of the AWS platform, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform. The ideal candidate will possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Help provide one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer– facing publications such as white papers.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architecture community.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
- Help educate enterprise customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Passion for technology and for learning
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating IT systems – either on premises or in the cloud
- Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
- Experience with public speaking
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
- AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
- Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent)
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A