At AWS, we are hiring the best technical cloud computing architects to help our customers and partners develop technical expertise and capacity. Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to deliver proof-of-concept projects, conduct topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, networking, archiving and disaster recovery.
- As an Amazonian leader you will embrace and apply the Amazon Leadership Principles, proactively engaging other teams to learn and share, and participating actively in the recruitment and onboarding of future team members.
- Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
- As Senior Consultant you will manage projects independently and also deliver as part of larger teams.
- This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
- You will work towards customer business outcomes, ensuring there is a strong connection between delivery activities and business objectives.
- You will work with customers and partners internalizing their context while using your business and technical skills to design solutions based on requirements and constraints. You will own and complete key tasks and deliverables, and collaborate with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholders needs.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
- Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
- Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
- Experience in an Architect role or similar
- Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- 6+ years of IT implementation experience
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Scripting and/or coding skills
- 3+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A