Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon’s Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
- Ensures major milestones are met (e.g. budget lock, budget approval, kick of calls, deliverables etc.)
- Coordinate kick-off calls with development for each individual project.
- Monitor and support all Local Original Movie projects in development and production.
- Meets with show producers, production managers and creative executives in regards to schedules, budget and all production related matters and issues.
- Acts a liaison from producers to Head of Production – Local Original Productions at Amazon Studios based in Culver City.
- Track and process approvals and production payments with Business Affairs, Legal and Finance.
- Is on-set when necessary to evaluate work-flow, budgets and potential problems.
- Analyzes budgets and cost reports.
- Will create and update production charts for projects in territory.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Able to travel when required for business meetings and direct oversight.
- Familiarity with MMB budgeting and MMS scheduling (One-Liner, Day Out Of Days, etc.) documents.
- Strong understanding of major unions, guilds, contractual terms and deal structures in the South African entertainment industry
- Experience solving problems related to the production of content
- High level of oral and written proficiency in English and other South African languages.
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive experience in creative, production, post production processes and related workflows
- Experience working on both domestic and international productions in South Africa
- Extensive experience as a Producer/Production Executive or the equivalent with primary experience producing content in South Africa
- Experience with budgeting, scheduling, and cost reports
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A