AWS Trust & Safety (T&S) is the global team responsible for protecting AWS against a wide variety of abuse while simultaneously working to build trust with AWS’s customers and external stakeholders. Our team works to detect abuse by analyzing a variety of data and signals, and mitigate the abuse through fit-for-purpose solutions. We build trust through these efforts and our leadership on key T&S issues facing our industry. Our team members display a solid understanding of AWS’s cloud infrastructure, strong technical knowledge, and the ability to exercise sound judgment on complex and time-sensitive matters.
- Manage your own process: identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and make sure you bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful.
- Be the primary point of contact during compromise outbreaks – including analyses to identify and apply responses.
- Deep dive on the problems using SQL and scripting languages like Python/R to drive short term and long term solutions leveraging Statistical Analysis.
- Analyze data (past customer behavior, sales inputs, and other sources) to identify trends, create compromise prevention and mitigation solutions and output reports with clear recommendations.
- Collaborate closely with the development team to recommend and build innovations based on Data Science.
- Help with escalations from AWS Management for AUP violations, Abuse, compromise and related activities.
- Collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams and customers in a dynamic entrepreneurial organization.
- Keep up with and contribute to the progress of the Amazon and broader ML research communities in the context of AUP violations
- Apply state-of-the-art Machine Learning methods to large amounts of data from different sources to build and operationalize abuse prevention, detection and mitigation solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Deep understanding of Statistical Analysis, Modeling and Machine Learning techniques.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python/Perl, R/Matlab, Java, C/C++, Scala Problem solving ability
- Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems and drive change.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with extracting, cleaning, and transforming data and working with data owners to understand the data
- Professional experience using database languages, such as SQL, and common data scientist software development and statistical analysis tools (e.g., Python, R, Scikit-learn)
- Hands-on professional experience with applying machine learning and other data science techniques to identify anomalous behavior patterns (e.g., user or machine anomalies) in a production environment
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience
- Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A