Website Anglo American
Manage the safe work execution, effective & efficient storage of items and engagement with end users to ensure alignment of key priorities and partnerships that enables value creation in the business
- Support the roll-out of the Anglo American Operating Model, via participation in site implementations and cross-site best practice sharing, to leverage tangible working capital benefits.
- Provide input into the regional Warehousing strategy and translate it into critical tasks and performance targets
- Drive sustainable change through initiatives such as zero waste to landfill.
- Provide input and guidance to sourcing and purchasing teams on optimal fulfilment strategies for commodity classes.
- Manage inventory optimization to decrease wastage at the operations by holding the right amount of inventory thereby positively impacting Anglo American’s carbon footprint.
- Manage the effective implementation of the Supply Chain strategy within the Physical Supply Chain warehousing environment
- Embrace a Supply Chain team culture of diversity and inclusiveness
- Manage and schedule audits of the supply process (e.g. stock/cycle counting, safety reviews etc.)
- Ensure that stock levels are optimized and align to BU requirements
- Manage warehouse practices with the aim to achieve optimal process and people efficiencies.
- Develop and mentor a large team to ensure that agreed service levels are maintained, and service excellence is met.
- Manage the budget associated with warehousing activities.
- Embrace an agile Supply Chain by being adaptive and flexible to accommodate and focus on emerging and changing business priorities.
- Develop and mentor team to ensure that agreed service levels are maintained, and service excellence is met.
- Ability to communicate in English (advanced level for verbal and written)
- Knowledge of Supply Chain management and interdependencies within a regional context (category management, sourcing & contracts, purchasing, physical supply chain and linkages to other functions) and specialist knowledge of warehousing, logistics and inventory management
- Safety standards, management systems and culture within warehousing & logistics as well as safe storage, preservation and maintenance of in-storage products and equipment.
- Able to work very effectively in a virtual environment with own team, key internal & external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Create an agile, focused working environment .
- PSC digitalisation and data analytics opportunities, continuous improvement and optimisation
- Knowledge of how to embed a more sustainable PSC (circular economy, carbon & water footprint reduction, inclusive procurement, doing business with responsible suppliers etc.)
Qualification & Experience:
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline OR a proven track record of extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity
- Bachelor degree level or equivalent, alternatively relevant tertiary qualification and proven track record of extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity
- Practical experience in relevant field and proven experience of working with Warehouse Management Systems such as SAP.
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mogalakwena, Limpopo, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A