Website Anglo American
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
- Facilitate the integration of water infrastructure program design and execution partners (multinational companies) and blend into strong partnerships.
- Develop an understanding of the site water context.
- Act as primary conduit between Project Managers and other stakeholders to constantly revise and communicate the context of projects to be delivered.
- Develop a program portfolio of all water impactful projects.
- Contribute to and lead aspects of the analysis and assessment of EPCMs, suppliers and intermediaries.
- Actively apply expert knowledge and thought leadership to challenge paradigms and lead individual water project teams.
- Analyse project delivery trends and implementing actions to ensure optimal process and performance standards and effectively apply knowledge management with regards to previous lessons learned.
- Lead the analysis and identification of opportunities to enable step changes in value realisation.
- Identify, scope, specific roles and responsibilities, budgets and timelines of each water component and associated enabling water infrastructure projects.
- Provide robust project timelines that include all aspects of the project development.
- Establishes project specific metrics.
- Advanced technical knowledge in Enabling Infrastructure within the mining industry and Government – specifically legislation, policy and procedure
- Project management of multiple projects concurrently
- Understanding of water management infrastructure civil engineering and design, implementation aspects.
- Practical experience with the full range of mine water management disciplines
- Relevant Engineering (Bachelor in Civil Engineering) and Professional Registration (Pr. Eng.) or ability to become registered in the near term.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the mining industry (multi commodity and geographic exposure an advantage)
- Demonstrated track record in working with operational mining, project and supply chain teams.
- Advanced knowledge of how projects are delivered from study to steady state operations (green and brown fields)
- Understanding of GoldSim or equivalent operational water balance tools
- Understanding of Government structure and workings on a National, Provincial and Local level specifically relating to Enabling Infrastructure
- Proven ability to justify, budget, execute and manage large programs
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A