Website Anglo American
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained to required standards and tools are utilised optimally.
- Support the development of, and ultimately implement, a purpose-led, high-performing culture within the teams that is aligned with the company values, is inclusive and promotes diversity
- Manage project expenditure and perform project cash flow forecasts to ensure sound financial practices and minimise over-spending.
- Drive delivery the sustainability activities as relevant to discipline and set out in the Life of Asset Plan to improve sustainability performance over time
- Compile specifications of the project and request quotations from suppliers to evaluate and place order with preferred contractor.
- Implementing the operating model including daily reporting, reviewing data, over-inspections and adhere to our health and safety principles.
- Consistently apply Safety & Health principles in all team interactions and take personal responsibility for safety of self and others to ensure zero harm and elimination of fatalities.
- Adhere to Anglo American compliance requirements and ensure compliance of teams within work area.
- Execute in-depth investigations upon commencement of new projects to determine and design possible solutions and organise detailed sketches with the Drawing office.
- Commission, test and address any discrepancies before captured on the system and ensure updated drawings of the new system is finalised to obtain sign-off by all relevant stakeholders to finalise and close projects.
- Ensure that stats and information is accurate while reviewing performance, analysing root cause and reforecast in creating realistic scenarios that build on continuous improvement.
- Manage compliance of the teams within work area with external (legislative, regulatory, permitting) local requirements as a minimum level of site performance.
- A tertiary qualification B-Degree in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering or related field
- Driver’s License
- Knowledge of MHSA
- Mining equipment automation experience, control and instrumentation design experience – Telemetry or Electrical Power Systems
- At least 3 to 4 years Technical Experience in Electrical HT (High Tension) maintenance or Radio Communications
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A