Website Anglo American
The Chief Safety Officer is responsible for the management of the Safety Department at a Mine or Concentrator and the optimisation of the safety through design, collaboration, implementation, evaluation, coordination and management of the safety systems, as well as for ensuring legal compliance at the Unit.
- Effectively manage people, ensuring that roles are well defined and clarified and that competencies and learning paths are developed to human capacity and capability
- Co-ordinate and participate in Safety audits for Operations / Sites.
- Lead / Participate in Site Safety inspections and manage Safety coordinators / officers.
- Audit and inspection / PTO’s program and schedule for Operation
- Co-ordinate and participate in Risk-Assessments for Operations.
- Compile the annual Safety Improvement Plan ensuring plans are in place for Operations.
- Legal function of chief safety officer
- Behaviour Based Safety
- Risk impact assessment
- Risk Assessment Techniques: (SWIFT, HAZOP and FMECA) Advantageous
- First Aid
- Computer literate (MS Power point, Word, Excel, Access and Projects)
- Auditors courses for Safety and Risk Control management
- Fire (Advanced fire – FPA)
- AFRAD (Accredited Facilitators Risk Assessment Diploma)
- Train the Trainer
- Accident investigation (AICAT, RCAT or SCAT)
Qualification & Experience:
- Safety Management qualification (NQF 6 level)
- Expertise in Contractor Management. Understanding current laws in the engaging of contractors.
- Understanding of Courses in Safety management systems (9001, 14001, 45001) would be advantageous
- Interaction between different disciplines and levels of work.
- Registration with a South African professional (SH or E) institution would be advantageous
- 3 Years relevant Mining / Process / Engineering/ experience which should include developing, implementing, managing and auditing of safety and risk control initiatives and programmes
- COMSOC 1 & 2 (NOSA) (NQF 5 level)
- 3 years’ experience in any of the respective trades applicable to the Operation with the required trade certificate for that trade
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fetakgomo, Limpopo, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A