Website Anglo American
The Marketing Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring the Marketing teams strictly adhere to and comply with Internal Group policies and procedures and externally driven regulations, resulting in a well-controlled Marketing organisation, where losses due to governance failure or non-compliance with regulations are avoided. This role will play a crucial role in being the lead point of contact for all Compliance activities.
- Monitor the external regulatory environment for changes that impact the Marketing BU, and update compliance Framework and materials accordingly.
- Provide compliance advisory service to the Marketing BU Front, Middle and Back Office teams to advise on Marketing and Trading activities and how impacted by relevant external regulation, including:
- The detection and reporting of “suspicious” orders or transactions
- Assist Group Policy Owners to tailor training materials for Marketing BU focus (includes Anti-Trust with Group Legal, and Business Integrity with Group EBCT). Assist in the provision of training to Marketing employees. Ensure training provided to all relevant Marketing Employees in accordance with their risk profile.
- Implement Anglo American’s Marketing compliance programme, including policy drafting, KRI definition, training for all commercial staff etc.
- Maintain the ‘relevant employee’ model for Marketing BU where employees are assigned a compliance profile in accordance with the compliance risks faced by their role, and maintain training plan accordingly
- Competition Law and Market Abuse (MAR/ MAD) compliance, and other social, ethical, and environmental regulations
- The prevention and detection of Market abuse
- Implement monitoring and reporting processes using trader surveillance tools
- MiFID II, Anti-bribery & Corruption compliance
- Work with Group Legal to understand the implications of the upcoming regulation and devise implementation plan for Marketing/ Anglo American.
- Ensure all Marketing Executives and employees are fully aware of their compliance responsibilities and duties through the provision of an annual training plan (online and face to face), regular written and face to face communications and the provision of Marketing specific guidance documents.
- Self-starter and highly professional
- Fluent written and spoken English is a pre-requisite.
- Ideally experience of compliance/ risk management in a trading environment
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong ability to prioritise and work effectively to meet deadlines, strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commercial or investment banking background considered
- In depth knowledge of Anti Bribery & Corruption and Competition Laws
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years min experience in compliance with focus on commodities
- Experience within a complex organisation across different countries and jurisdictions, cultures, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
- University degree in relevant field, such as Law, Accounting or Economics
- Experience in Trade Surveillance (Market Abuse)
- Excellent governance skills
- Experience of working in a regulated industry.
- Experience of working with detailed legal/ policy documentation regarding South African Regulations
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A