As a Client Operations Analyst, you will assist the broader client operations team in handling daily activities, including basic account onboarding, monitoring the group’s email inbox to either assign the request to the appropriate group within Aperio or directly respond to requests, and handling varied administrative functions. You will also act as a liaison between the client operations team and various Aperio functions including business development, trading, portfolio management, operations, billing, performance reporting, and process engineering.
- Research and respond to client inquiries promptly; escalate issues, as appropriate.
- Communicate with custodians, intermediaries, consultants, and brokers to resolve issues and respond to various requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Update addresses and contact information in Salesforce, as needed.
- Oversee client interactions—act as a conduit between the client and the rest of Aperio; introduce technology and services to clients, as appropriate.
- Generate standardized client reports (e.g., inflow/outflow reports).
- As assigned, support the onboarding of new intermediaries and platforms; account transitions including custodian changes, name changes, tax ID changes, account splits/consolidations, etc.; and contract reviews.
- Effectively document and maintain/evolve processes and participate in projects to enhance the client experience, streamline operations, automate processes, reduce errors, and support the firm’s growth.
- As assigned, facilitate the onboarding of new accounts by working closely with the intermediary, custodian, and internal teams (business development, portfolio management, investment operations, etc.) to ensure a timely account opening process with proven knowledge and understanding of related compliance and operational areas.
- Collaborate with fellow team members to provide exceptional service for existing and prospective clients.
- Prioritize QA (quality assurance), yours and the work of teammates, to minimize potential errors.
- Act as a liaison between the client operations team and various Aperio functions including business development, trading, portfolio management, operations, billing, performance reporting, and process engineering.
- Generate new account paperwork including the setup of new contacts for online access to the Client Portal.
- Work to become a subject matter expert on a wide range of client issues and internal processes as they relate to client operations processes.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interface with clients, prospects, custodians, and colleagues.
- Strong organizational skills to manage data, projects, and processes.
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- A desire to understand Aperio’s structure and identify opportunities to utilize Aperio resources to meet client needs.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and a willingness to do what it takes to solve complex problems and/or resolve complex client requests.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and client relationship management skills—whether the interaction is in person, over the telephone, or via email.
- The ability to use considerable tact and discretion when dealing with client or sensitive data.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment that can be unstructured; a proven capacity to handle pressure, multitask, and prioritize work at all times.
- Background in or understanding of financial markets including knowledge of current market trends and the competitive landscape.
- The ability to work independently under minimal supervision, with exceptional problem-solving proficiency.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy and consistency.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or a related field preferred, or high school diploma with the equivalent combination of experience.
- Minimum six-plus months as an intern in the finance field or one-plus years’ minimum experience in a client service or operational role.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A