Software engineers at BlackRock get to experience working at one of the most recognized financial companies in the world while being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technologies and solutions. Our engineers design and build large scale data storage, computation and distribution systems. They partner with data and analytics experts to deliver high quality analytical and derived data to our consumers.
- Developers are expected to be involved from inception of projects, understand requirements, architect, develop, deploy, and maintain applications. Typically they work in a multi-disciplinary squad (we follow Agile!) which involves partnering with program and product managers to expand product offering based on business demands. Design is an iterative process, whether for UX, services or infrastructure. Our goal is to drive up user engagement and adoption of the platform while constantly working towards modernizing and improving platform performance and scalability.
- Strong understanding of data modeling techniques
- Passion for learning and implementing new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Robust object-oriented design pattern knowledge and implementation experience using Python.
- Experience with Python frameworks like Django, Flask and Pandas
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 2+ years experience as a software engineer
- Experience with Agile development concepts and related tools
- Experience working with relational/non-relational databases and understanding of storage technologies (like MySQL, Sybase, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Cassandra or HBase)
- Experience with dev ops tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in designing multi-tier application architecture and distributed caching solutions
- Experience working with large volumes of time series data and building services, APIs and applications based of it
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wilmington, DE, US
Application Deadline: N/A