BIS is looking for an experienced software engineer eager to innovate and overcome complex challenges. An engineer looking to work in the areas of data pipelines, discovery, storage, distribution, distributed computation, consumption, and infrastructure is an ideal candidate.
- Coordinate implementation with the broader team
- Participate in the assessment of data and analytical products offered by external providers to ensure the platform remains current and optimized.
- Optimize machinery used to build data universes and indices
- Define and implement target architecture
- Establish and maintain partnerships with internal technology teams to ensure BIS optimally uses central services and ensure compatibility of platform with the firm’s strategic technology choices.
- Lead by example through hands-on coding and development
- Build a roadmap for scalable, future state improvements
- Hands-on design and development of new data and products
- Review and optimize existing data products
- Production Engineering, in partnership with the Production team
- Review, optimize and automate existing processes to achieve maximum output quality at scale.
- Product Engineering, closely working with the Research team
- Improve data engineering and modeling in collaboration with Researchers
- Help promote and implement a best-in-class framework for SDLC within the Self-Indexing team
- Strong Unix/Linux knowledge
- Familiarity with datasets typically used to support quantitative financial investments
- Experience running Unix applications and related infrastructure
- M.S. (or equivalent) in Computer Science
- Experience supporting complex enterprise workflows
- Experience supporting quantitative researchers
- Robust object-oriented design pattern knowledge and implementation experience using Java, Python or Go
- Strong SQL / Database design knowledge
- Some experience with the development and/or support of equity indices is a major plus
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive development experience ideally in Python, Java and/or Go
- Experience handling complex technology projects
- ETL experience (~5 years)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an agile software development environment and with related technologies (Git, JIRA, ADO)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wilmington, DE, US
Application Deadline: N/A