This is a senior level position which requires an individual with extensive Linux/UNIX experience. The qualified individual will demonstrate that they are capable of solving complex problems, be very “hands on” with scripting experience, and have the ability to mentor junior members of the team. This person must be able to communicate effectively with team members as well as senior stakeholders. Must have a solid knowledge of industry hardware types and interoperability and show progressive experience operating in cloud environments. Should have a firm understanding of relationships between applications, databases, and server infrastructure. Person in this role must be able to work with other system administrators regionally and across the globe. This person will work with colleagues on projects, server builds, product upgrades, and solving issues. Additionally, this person will act as a SME for the Linux environment and related technologies. This person needs to provide operational support for legacy, current, and emerging technologies.
- Participate in, and at times lead, projects to grow our business and sustain our existing infrastructure.
- Perform system administration duties across the environment to provide support services for customer.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues and provide operational support on bridge calls.
- Monitor servers and remediate alerts that get raised.
- Good, clear communication is an absolute must.
- Must have good problem solving, teamwork, communication, and customer service skills.
- Maintain server availability for all sites and periodically participate in DR exercises.
- There are no after-hours on call requirements, but the individual will participate in a weekend rotation schedule working normal day-time hours to help support a large volume of weekend maintenance activities. We have a follow the sun work model so typically off hours work is not required.
- Following documented processes and procedures, as well as creating and updating existing documents, will be required.
- Resolve help desk escalations and process items in a ticket queue.
- Write and maintain scripts used to automate routine tasks
- Provide escalation assistance to the regional Operations team, which includes troubleshooting complex issues.
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of 9,500+ Linux servers operating globally in on-premise and cloud provider locations. This includes server builds, monitoring, configuration management, and ongoing maintenance of servers.
- Security and performance monitoring and analysis
- Cloud provider experience: Azure preferred; AWS and GCP is a plus
- Knowledge of the kickstart process
- Configuration management (Puppet preferred)
- Firm understanding of storage and networking components
- Network stack, NFS, DNS, LDAP, SFTP/FTP, NTP
- Virtualization (VMware and/or RHEV)
Qualification & Experience:
- Scripting experience; Terraform, Perl, Python, shell scripting
- Server hardware (HPE & Dell)
- HPOV/OBM tool suite (monitoring software experience)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Minimum 5 years comparative industry experience is required; 7+ years preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wilmington, DE, US
Application Deadline: N/A