The Project Manager, Strategy & Business is an essential part of the Cartier Lab, managing a varied array of project workstreams and equipping the Lab team to incorporate internal and external insights into every step of our projects, from the earliest conceptualization to the final user testing. This management and these insights ensure the Lab develops innovative and timely solutions that provide value to Cartier’s business and clients. This position is based out of the Cartier Retail Innovation Lab in Brooklyn.
- Assist with the collection, aggregation and analysis of testing phase data and inputs to understand solution impact
- Facilitate post-execution monitoring of projects until all Lab responsibilities transferred to business.
- Prepare regular communications (including slide decks) between Lab & business teams
- Communicate effectively to solve project needs
- Define strategic objectives for Lab projects and facilitate/organize workstreams that will achieve those objectives
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously; organize multiple staff activity streams to meet timelines
- Work with key stakeholders across the business to gather and synthesize information for the Lab team, and vice versa.
- Manage relationships with outside entities including vendors, startups, and universities
- Continually scan the market/industry and our business to understand client behaviors and trends. Execute a needs analysis to identify new opportunities.
- Conduct original research from site visits, interviews, market & data analysis
- Gather information & ensure strategic alignment among internal stakeholders and Lab for each project, combined with external experts / data sources; mitigate risk
- Design, organize, manage, and facilitate highly visible workshops inside and outside the Lab, including the creation of templates and other workshopping tools as needed
- Work with Lab team to evaluate effectiveness of solutions when tested
- An open mind with a willingness to continuously learn, grow & share insights
- Excellent communication skills to clearly and persuasively articulate research results and implications as well as to work across a cross-functional team
- Exhibits a strong understanding of the following topics: luxury retail, client experience, business operations, design, and technology
- Objective and critical attitude in assessing goals and results
- Proven track-record of building relationships and collaborating closely with individuals from diverse profiles, skillsets, and backgrounds, including design/creative disciplines
- Proactive, driven self-starter with fresh ideas and a high degree of comfort with ambiguity. Accustomed to making sense of complex and ambiguous strategic problems.
- High EQ, with a positive, confident personality
- Efficient/lean work attitude, a keen eye for detail, and high standards of performance and accuracy
- Strong qualitative skills, able to capture information from a variety of sources and translate observations and feedback into concrete findings and direction
- Proficiency in French a plus
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science Research, Design Research, Business, or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in project management or strategic planning in retail-related business strategy, design, or innovation
- 2+ years of experience applying qualitative and quantitative research methodologies in creative projects and guiding these insights into successful UX
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brooklyn, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A