Website City of Corpus Christi
We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
- Serves as the switchboard operator for all phone calls received by the Airport when required. Required to maintain State of Texas Certification as a Telecommunicator.
- Directs the appropriate units(s) to answer all emergency calls that originate at the Airport or are transferred from the 911 system.
- Safeguards private and personal information generated by law enforcement and Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration activities.
- Actively monitors the Access Control System (ACS) in order to maintain restricted access into the secured areas of the Airport as required in the Airport Security Program (ASP).
- Dispatches the appropriate Public Safety Unit(s) to troubleshoot any door alarms that are caused by improper use of the system including incidents where doors or gates are opened without a proper card or use of an outdated card, and suspected unlawful activity.
- Deletes and/or suspends access in the ACS as a result of potential security breaches and when directed by the Airport Security Coordinator.
- Provides responding officers with accurate information that is essential for the lives and safety of victims and responding officers through the use of the Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) System.
- Actively monitor multiple screens including a video wall covering more than 50 cameras that are deployed throughout the interior and exterior of the Terminal, other buildings and perimeter of the Airport property.
- Monitors the 800 MHz radio and aircraft emergency ring-down systems, records all the information generated by a call for service in a computer database for official documentation and relays information to mutual aid agencies such as the Corpus Christi Police and Fire Departments.
- Monitors all doors and access points to the airfield and restricted areas.
- Preferential consideration will be given for those that possess these certifications at time of hire
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- American Red Cross/First Aid/CPR Certification required within six months of hire
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Office software with accuracy
- TCOLE-Telecommunicator Certification required within 6 months of hire
- Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License required at time of hire. Successful out of state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas Class C driver’s license within 90 days of hire
- Texas Department of Public Safety – TCIC/NCIC Certification required within 6 months of hire
- Must be able to transmit clearly and effectively using both radio and telephone equipment, EBS (Emergency Broadcast System), paging announcement system, mobile data terminals including I leads and I-mobile, Access Control and CCTV Systems
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months to 1 year of related experience
Company: City of Corpus Christi
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A