Website Civil Service
You will play a pivotal role in the Intelligence Assessment Team, the team responsible for the daily scanning, assessment, evaluation and dissemination of intelligence relating to charities. This includes assessment of complaints about charities, responding to requests from other regulators and media scanning. Your work will enable the Commission to identify and respond to threats, risks, harms, vulnerabilities and opportunities in the charity sector, sitting at the heart of our intelligence-led approach to regulation.
- Provide support and informal mentoring for other members of the team and, where relevant, undertake line management of support staff.
- Take a lead role in scanning, assessment, evaluation and dissemination of intelligence available to the Commission to identify threats and risks and help proactively fill any gaps in our intelligence.
- Develop and deliver briefing and tasking material and risk reports to ensure internal and external stakeholders (including Commission senior staff) are appropriately briefed on threats, risks, harms, vulnerabilities and opportunities to inform decision making and prioritise responses.
- Help develop and implement processes to enable effective delivery of the team’s work, including processes for gathering, researching and evaluating information.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the process for intelligence referrals between the Commission and other regulators/agencies.
- Experience of using different communication methods to engage confidently with a range of stakeholders
- Able to appropriately prioritise and plan own work
- Able to communicate and proactively develop effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and stakeholders to provide and obtain information and intelligence and ensure understanding
- Understanding the role of a modern regulator working in a diverse sector
- Able to identify potential opportunities to enhance efficiency and/or effectiveness within own area of work, including developing own knowledge to increase effectiveness.
- Experience of working in an intelligence led organisation and applying a risk-based approach
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Liverpool, GB
Application Deadline: N/A