Website Civil Service
To undertake casework functions by assisting prosecutors in case management through processing and initial preparation of team casework, maintaining the case throughout its existence in court and after court. You will be responsible for managing a team of A2 casework assistants and all the HR functions in association with this. You will oversee A2 casework functions to ensure timely and accurate progression of cases.
- To use the CPS Case Management System and other IT as a tool to communicate and conduct CPS business and to manage and maintain the work of your team.
- In partnership with the, Senior Business Manager (SBM)/District Business Manager (DBM) and Unit Head/District Crown Prosecutor, analyse performance data to ensure effective trial progression.
- To maintain the day-to-day operation of court coverage by prosecutors; considering the type of casework with a view to determining the level of court coverage required.
- In conjunction with the DBM/SBM/SDCP/DCP, determining the day-to-day deployment of prosecutors to court.
- Contact with police officers, higher court advocates (CPS), prosecution counsel, judiciary, defence solicitors, Victim Support and members of the probation service.
- Management of A2 Casework Assistants. Completing quarterly Performance and Development Reviews in accordance with the Personnel Management Manual. Complete annual
- Performance and Development Review forms and Probation reports within the specified timescales.
- Quality Assurance monitoring for the Case Management System (CMS), and Management Information System (MIS) dealing promptly with any issues arising from these reviews and ensuring cases progress through to finalisation.
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Whitley Bay, GB
Application Deadline: N/A