The IT Business Relationship Specialist is a liaison between IT and the business and supports areas of the business to ensure: the operation, standards and continuous improvement of the relevant IT systems, services and components in accordance to Daimler standards. The BRS is responsible to understand the business, assist in the prioritization of projects, ensure that projects align with the technology that best provides maximum return on investment, and direct IT strategy in support of the overall business strategy.
- Serves as a business consultant and manages internal customer demands, proactively and by request
- Develops and introduces methods, standards and tools
- Schedules system enhancements and security updates for IT systems
- Supports the implementation, testing and rollout of IT systems and components
- Supports projects and actively participates in the related international Center of Competencies (CoC). Can support projects, work package leaders and more senior BRS’s. Can also lead smaller initiatives and implementations, or large ones with guidance/supervision.
- Supports the definition and introduction of standards for systems in areas of the business
- Proactively creates new concepts for IT solutions and further develop existing IT solutions, taking into account Daimler IT strategy and costs.
- Supports the implementation of IT modules and IT components and interfaces, including the adaptation or extension of associated databases.
- Plan and execute appropriate tests, and coordinate the implementation of rollouts with all internal and external stakeholders. Responsible for creating and updating relevant system and process documentation.
- Advises and assists the users in respective business area regarding the relevant IT environment. Optimize IT processes and systems.
- Provides support in ensuring high quality and high available system solutions taking into account the internal IT processes for demand, incident, request and problem management.
- Supports projects and the Center of Competency to optimize the amount of function in regard to enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency, taking into account the Daimler standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or similar
- 3 years of experience in the field or a related area
- Design and implement software solutions
- Ability to understand and improve internal business processes
- Experience in working and consulting with internal and external partners
- Experience working in a project work package
- Experience with moderating meetings
- Ability to comprehend business requirements by applying professional consultation methods
- Ability to wholly comprehend a situation and to think in complex relationships
- Basic technical/technological application knowledge about common IT systems and tools
- High sense of responsibility and able to work unsupervised
- Knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Agile procedures to predict the development teams’ needs
- Experience working with Architecture teams to assess and size story/epics (preferred)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charleston, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A