Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in Midlands Mall has an opportunity available for a Clinic Receptionist to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to attend to patients on the phone and in person. Coordinate and organize appointments and documentation to facilitate the smooth running of the clinic and support the delivery of quality patient care.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Inform patients of clinic procedures and manages patient’s records.
- Register patients according to established standards.
- Move patients through appoints as scheduled.
- Provide customers with area codes, work telephone numbers and other relevant information when requested.
- Ensure that messages or calls get transferred to the correct person at all times.
- Ensure to take down caller details on all calls that come through to the switchboard for the third time, and email the relevant staff.
- Follow up with patients regarding any feedback requested.
- Advice and assist patients regarding medical aid authorization procedures.
- Answer all incoming calls within a reasonable time according to Dis-Chem standards.
- Ensure the reception area is clean and maintained to safeguard the patient’s privacy and confidentiality.
- Ensure you are taking the correct message from the callers – repeat the message to the caller for confirmation.
- Open new patient files according to standard procedures.
- Monitor and maintain the clinical equipment, stationery and medication required.
- Assist walk-in guests in reaching staff for in regards to meetings and/ or deliveries.
- Use proper telephone etiquette when speaking with patients over the phone.
- Ensure customers, guest and callers receive relevant feedback, within good time, regarding queries.
- Ask the caller adequate question to ensure the correct message is transferred.
- Take extra care when taking caller contact details – repeat the details to the caller for confirmation.
- Assists patients in completing necessary medical forms including medical insurances.
- Give relevant and accurate information to callers regarding their requests, questions or concerns.
- Obtain medical reports if required.
- Ensure patient information is correct.
- Process medical aid payments.
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A