Website Dischem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies in Port Elizabeth has a an opportunity for a security guard to Render a security service in terms of the Private Security Industry Regulations Act 56 of 2001 as amended for the Dis-Chem Group that meets Dis-Chem’ security requirements to protect assets, property and staff by creating a safe and secure environment, through identifying signs of criminal activities or disorder and investigating disturbances while adhering to legislation relevant to the industry and best practice.
- Be professionally courteous and friendly, approachable, and willing to help others when receiving guests, customers and employees.
- Practice good customer service relations for all Dis-Chem internal and external customers.
- Supervise and check refuse removal according to Dis-Chem standards
- Maintain and complete all registers and occurrence books.
- Access control – searching of staff, suppliers and company merchandisers.
- Report any unusual or suspicious behaviour by staff, customer or suppliers.
- Be clearly visible as far as reasonably possible as deterrent to discourage criminal activities, prevent theft, – damage, – personal injury, and other dishonourable acts.
- Cancel staff purchasers and goods declared.
- Be vigilant and alert of surroundings to identify suspicious activities and apprehend criminals or remove violators according to the legal authority invested in the industry and Dis-Chem standard operating procedures for the specific post through.
- Protect the property and assets of the business from all dishonest persons, action or any acts of malicious behaviour that could result in the company suffering loss.
- Be present at your post at all times when on duty.
- Investigate and report signs of damage or unlawful entry as it occurs to management and act accordingly in the best interest of protecting Dis-Chem assets.
- Random patrols of the premises on regularly basis to ensure optimal visibility and reduce risks.
- Monitor and control access to the premises by documenting and regulating entrance into the site by vehicles or pedestrian’s access points to allow entry only to individuals with the correct authorization.
- Fire emergency and relevant Health and Safety Training and exposure
- English – Read, write and speak well as it is the organization’s official language.
- PSIRA knowledge
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate
- A general minimum exposure of at least 3 years in the retail industry, such as shopping malls and warehouses
- Grade C accreditation with the PSIRA
Company: Dischem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A