Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies in Limpopo has a an opportunity for a security guard to Render a security service in terms of the Private Security Industry Regulations Act 56 of 2001 as amended for the Dis-Chem Group that meets Dis-Chem’ security requirements to protect assets, property and staff by creating a safe and secure environment, through identifying signs of criminal activities or disorder and investigating disturbances while adhering to legislation relevant to the industry and best practice.
- Random patrols of the premises on regularly basis to ensure optimal visibility and reduce risks.
- Investigate and report signs of damage or unlawful entry as it occurs to management and act accordingly in the best interest of protecting Dis-Chem assets.
- Cancel staff purchasers and goods declared.
- Supervise and check refuse removal according to Dis-Chem standards
- Be clearly visible as far as reasonably possible as deterrent to discourage criminal activities, prevent theft, – damage, – personal injury, and other dishonourable acts.
- Opening and closing procedures-to be present observant and vigilant at the opening and closing of the site.
- Protect the property and assets of the business from all dishonest persons, action or any acts of malicious behaviour that could result in the company suffering loss.
- Be professionally courteous and friendly, approachable, and willing to help others when receiving guests, customers and employees.
- Access control – searching of staff, suppliers and company merchandisers.
- Maintain and complete all registers and occurrence books.
- Be vigilant and alert of surroundings to identify suspicious activities and apprehend criminals or remove violators according to the legal authority invested in the industry and Dis-Chem standard operating procedures for the specific post through.
- Monitor and control access to the premises by documenting and regulating entrance into the site by vehicles or pedestrian’s access points to allow entry only to individuals with the correct authorization.
- Be present at your post at all times when on duty.
- Practice good customer service relations for all Dis-Chem internal and external customers.
- Ensure that all water taps turned off when applicable.
- Report any unusual or suspicious behaviour by staff, customer or suppliers.
- Do continuous personnel frisking and searches on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are locked at the end each day.
- Grade C accreditation with the PSIRA
- At least 1 year specific previous experience in a similar role
- A general minimum exposure of at least 3 years in the retail industry, such as shopping malls and warehouses
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Polokwane, Limpopo, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A