The Digital Channels team works on dynamic new projects and product enhancements within the web and mobile platforms in order to improve business inefficiencies, gain competitive advantage on our products and ultimately to provide better service to our clients. Using knowledge of the organization’s technology infrastructure and specific software applications, Application Platform Services helps the business to address changes through technologies.
- This team is responsible for the Discovery member application published to the Play Store. They work with other Discovery business units to deliver innovative solutions to all members.
- Within the Digital system area, the iOS developer will work on the Discovery application together with Product Owners from various business units, Business Analysts, UX/UI designers & Content Teams, System Architect, and managers to understand the overall business need and the requirements, design the system solution using various approaches and technologies, implement the designed solution in the system with high quality source code.
- Perform accurate development estimation
- Develop, test, and maintain the deployed application software with high quality
- Produce technical specifications and designs. Participate in new business development through ideation, prototype development, and project estimates
- Analyse, maintain and enhance existing application and troubleshoot issues with efficiency.
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to ensure a successful, high-quality product and great user experience
- Ability to think abstractly
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to work in a self-driven, complex environment with multiple and changing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
- Clean code thinking
Qualification & Experience:
- Software Engineering related degree/qualification
- Informatics degree or Diploma
- Honours degree
- 4+ years’ experience developing iOS applications
- Business experience and product knowledge
- 2+ years’ user interface analyst experience
- Experience in Objective-C is beneficial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A