- Drive ground equipment such as tugs to help the plane push in/out of the gate, belt loaders to help load baggage, and bag carts to deliver baggage to the claim area or the connecting flight
- Collaborate with the internal team to ensure a safe and on-time departure
- Use appropriate reservation/ticketing software to rebook itineraries, issue boarding passes, calculate and collect any appropriate fees
- Inform passengers through all aspects of their experience with Amercian Airlines by communicating appropriate information about their trips and belongings
- Guide and direct incoming and outgoing aircraft on the taxiway to ensure that they are entering or leaving their gate safely and on-time.
- Load, unload, sort, and appropriately transfer passenger baggage, cargo/freight, and company materials. Some of these items can weigh up to 75 lbs.
- May clean the interior of the aircraft, clean and service aircraft lavatories
- Create a positive start to a passenger’s trip by being the first to greet the passenger and providing a seamless check-in and ticketing experience
- Flexible to work additional hours with short notice when operationally necessary
- Must be able to carry, bend, lift and turn with bags and other items weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Must be willing and able to work outside in variable weather conditions
- Must enjoy working under deadlines, working a physical job outdoors, and have an interest in the airline industry
- Possess a valid, unexpired and unsuspended state driver’s license; some license restrictions may prohibit a candidate from being considered for this role
- Ability to work rotating shifts including days, overnights, weekends, holidays, and rotating days off
- Minimum age: 18
- High school diploma, GED, or international equivalent
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Springfield, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A