The Forklift Operator I is primarily responsible for safely operating basic powered material handling equipment (excluding the Order Picker, Turret and Drexel) for the purpose of product receipt, storage and order fulfillment. This position is responsible for product safety, quality and legality.
- Sorting and build product to pallets to ensure compliance to customer expectation.
- Use of machinery to apply shrink wrap to pallets.
- Perform a pre- and post-equipment checklist.
- Maintain accuracy of storage locations by performing daily cycle counts and routine inventory maintenance tasks.
- Perform other distribution work functions as needed due to business volume and need.
- Full case order picking for replenishment, customer orders and packaging components.
- Pallet retrieval and put away in narrow aisle bulk rack storage system.
- Quality control to ensure accuracy of all transactions.
- Loading and unloading of pallets and cases from trucks and conveyor lines, by hand or equipment.
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and flexibility in meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to operate powered basic material handling equipment, i.e. electric pallet jack, forklift, etc.
- Ability to work on equipment at extended heights.
- Strong team player.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management Manufacturing
Job Location: Plainfield, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A