- Presents a positive public image. Meets minimum physical requirements for firefighter positions.
- Properly maintains uniform and protective clothing while following the department’s guidelines on grooming.
- Meets with representatives of other Fire Departments, Village departments, and other governmental agencies and private companies to discuss and resolve various issues pertaining to Village and/or Fire Department matters.
- Coordinates intergovernmental agreements, mutual aid plans, and hazardous materials teams with neighboring Fire Departments and other Village departments, as assigned.
- Performs other duties, assignments, and/or projects as requested or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Supervises the procurement and maintenance of materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance of all Village Fire Department vehicles and apparatus.
- Follows all safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Reports all unsafe conditions and acts to supervisor.
- Reports all accidents to the supervisor immediately whenever possible, but no later than end of the employee’s work shift. Follows recognized safe work practices.
- Adheres to all Village policies and procedures within the department and as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree with courses in fire science or technology, administration or a related field, and ten plus (10+) years of progressively responsible professional firefighting experience, including fire prevention, and five (5) years of supervisory experience at the level of lieutenant or higher; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Licensure as a Paramedic.
- Must have Office of the State Fire Marshal Fire Officer II/Advanced Fire Officer, Fire Department Instructor II, Fire Department Incident Safety Officer and Hazardous Materials Incident Command within two years of appointment.
- Must possess and maintain in good standing, a valid State of Illinois Class B vehicle operator’s license.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tucson , AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A