To align, support and implement the regulatory risk practices in line with the FirstRand/FNB risk frameworks and legislative requirements to minimize risk exposures and optimize business performance.
- Maintenance of expert knowledge on relevant legislative amendments, industry best practices and provision of proactive advice and solutions to relevant stakeholders.
- Embed ownership of risk management as a primary responsibility of line management.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members.
- Advise on and provide support to stakeholders in relation to the execution of the practice relevant processes and tools.
- Development of a service culture which build rewarding relationships, proposes innovations and allows others to provide exceptional client service.
- Develop and implement a risk management plan in relation to the area of specialization to support the implementation of the business strategy in a risk enabled environment.
- Development of materials and documentation including minimum standards, templates, guidelines, FAQ’s and processes and driving the appropriate application.
- Analyse, report and provide input into decisions regarding risk mitigation strategies within the risk portfolio.
- Facilitate compliance audits for effective completion of risk and control matrix and audit scope.
- Monitor changes in legislation, regulations, initiatives and relevant industry practices. Ensure drafting and implementation of appropriate interventions. Compliance with audit requirements.
- Develop and implement compliance related campaigns in order to create awareness of importance of compliance as well providing staff and business with knowledge and skills related to compliance.
- Identify and communicate current and anticipated compliance risks. Improve business decisions by providing accurate and reliable business intelligence (information) together with analyzing trends and data.
- Influence and drive compliance with governance in terms of legislative and policy requirements.
- Provide the business with effective compliance management strategies, tools and methodologies to ensure compliance within the business.
- Manage own development to increase own competencies.
- Plan and manage performance, skills development, employment equity, talent and culture of team in order to improve innovation, achieve efficiencies and increase competencies.
- Implement the operational risk programme and practices with agreed budgets and cost parameters.
- In accordance with National Credit Act (NCA) candidates applying for this role will require a credit record check.
- A broad understanding of the banking industry
- 8 to 10 years risk management experience in the financial industry
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of AML and applicable legislation
- Relevant Honours Degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A