Website FNB South Africa
To ensure effective movement, collection, integration, storage and provisioning of data to meet business objectives through sound understanding of business unit requirements and frequent collaboration with relevant stakeholders (such as Enterprise Architecture, Database and Solution Architects, Business Intelligence Developers, Data Scientists and Product Owners, etc)
- Contribute to business analysis processes
- Develop, encourage and nurture collaborative relationships across area of specialisation
- Conduct research on architectural systems
- Manage acquisition, consumption and deployment of data for operational use
- Manage data and system integration and testing
- Participate in planned activities that are appropriate for own development
- Control expenditure and identify process improvements to contain and reduce costs
- Build working relationships across teams and functional lines to enhance work delivery, collaboration and innovation
- Provide required support in designing and developing systems and solutions
- Creating databases optimized for performance, implementing schema changes, and maintaining data architecture standards across all of the business’s databases.
- Develop reporting information security structures and governance
- Implement and track standards, guidelines and data best practice for business groups and technical teams
- Leads innovation through exploration, benchmarking, making recommendations, and implementing Data Warehouse and big data technologies for platforms
- Develop ETL packages and taking raw data into fully dimensional database structures
- Responsible for data quality of IT data that is used in IT and business reporting
- Development and implementation of scripts for database maintenance, monitoring and performance tuning
- Responsible for enabling and running data migrations across different databases and different servers, for example, data migration from SQL servers to MySQL. They define and implement data stores/archives based on system requirements and consumer requirements.
- Responsible for performing thorough testing and validation in order to support the accuracy of data transformations and data verification. The Data Engineer strives to ensure proper data governance and quality across the Data and Analytics IT data theme and the business as a whole.
- Conduct user testing and collaborate with stakeholders
- Drive collaboration and growth of hosted tenants on MicroStrategy
- Adhering to targets and deadlines and managing user expectations
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies and procedures
- Administration and adherence to data governance and standards
- Serve as a representative at architectural forums Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also accepted for the position.
- Architectural certification is an advantage
- At least 3-5 years working experience with data in the financial services sector or equivalent
- Microsoft SQL and data warehouse training or certification an advantage Experience:
- A candidate for the position will have as at least 3 years of working experience as a database engineering support personnel or a database engineering administrator within a fast-paced a complex business setting. The candidate will also have had experience working with MySQL databases and Microsoft SQL.
- The candidate must demonstrate experience working with large and complex data sets as well as experience in analysing volumes of data through basic Microsoft Excel functions, for example, macros and pivot tables.
- A suitable candidate will also have had experience in the creation and debugging of databases critical to the business’s mission. The candidate will have strong working and conceptual knowledge of building and maintaining physical and logical data models and experience with MicroStrategy, PowerBI or other business intelligence tools.
- A suitable candidate for the position will also have had system management expertise with monitoring, disaster recovery, backup, automated testing, automated schema migration, and continuous deployment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum Qualification – Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems
- Experience – 3 to 5 years in Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) of data from source systems or experience in data integration for consumption use cases
Company: FNB South Africa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A