- Promote organisation, standardisation, discipline & compliance of advanced process control knowledge and intelligence
- Actively engage all relevant stakeholders and asset SMEs
- Due diligence and assurance of mobile and fixed operational technologies acquisitions and projects
- Working in coordination with the digital & analytics team to support the deployment and development of Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Process control Initiatives to enable assets full potential
- Guide, lead, train and deploy automation capabilities across the globe
- Secure value and scalability of automation initiatives and best practices globally
- Be an effective leader across a team of automation and operational technology experts
- Secure ROI and delivery of automation, operational technology and IoT initiatives across assets
- Support and train asset teams to improve their control philosophies, strategies and process stability through the deployment of contemporary automation initiatives
- Sensor and IoT technological surveillance
- Ensure implementation, adoption and sustainability of OT automation and remotisation initiatives
- Diagnose, detect and develop fixed asset modernization strategies in terms of instrumentation, actuators, PLCs, and OT layers in collaboration with asset teams
- Proficiency in defining and communicating business problems and opportunities instead of jumping straight to introducing solutions and improvements
- Ability to promote vision and play a key role in achieving clients satisfaction
- Demonstrated, well-developed judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that work effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Master’s or PHD in Industrial, Mechanical, Computer Science, Robotics, Electronics,
- Mechatronics or another quantitative field is a plus
- An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honours degree or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- +10 years’ experience in automation, operations, project management and/or OT projects in mining industry.
- Multi-tasking and excellent management of personal time and priorities is essential as the role seeks global coverage in multiple time-zones
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A