Website Gauteng Provincial Government
- To promote disease and chronic illness management.
- Conduct awareness programmes on the functions and purpose of health surveillance and the relevant laws and regulations.
- To promote the management of Mental Health and Psychosomatic illnesses.
- Develop and implement a toolkit for Mental Health Promotion in the workplace which looks at practical steps for addressing mental health.
- To manage injury on duty and incapacity due to ill health.
- Put measures in place to integrate Health Risk Assessments and Management and Productivity Management.
- To promote occupational health education and promotion.
- Provide information on health care options to employees to exercise more control over their own health and over their environments, and to make choices conducive to health.
- To manage resources of the programme.
- Supervise and manage staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of Employee Health and Wellness theory, practice and management.
- Knowledge of DPSA Employee Health and Wellness Framework and related policies e.g. Health and Productivity, Wellness management, HIV,AIDS,STI& TB, SHERQ, PILIR, Mental Health Policy Framework, NSP and Policy on Reasonable Accommodation and Assistive Devices for Employees with Disabilities in the Public Service.
- Knowledge of Human Resource and Organisational Development policies, procedures and guidelines. Relevant Human Resource legislation e.g. BCEA, LRA, EEA, SDA, OHSA; COIDA.
- A Valid Drivers’ license and must be computer literate.
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Qualification & Experience:
- National Diploma in Social Sciences or equivalent NQF Level 6 qualification. Registration with relevant professional Council. 5 year’s relevant experience in Employee Health and Wellness/EAP (RPL Certificate) field of which at least 3 years must have been at the level of Assistant Director or equivalent.
Company: Gauteng Provincial Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A