Yes, we are seeking Visual Merchandisers, but only those who refuse to settle. Those who are fearless of pressure. You see, Visual Merchandisers here do more than just style our fashion according to the H&M guidelines; they also work with the Store Manager and Management team to maximize sales. They also coach the Sales Advisors identifying and teaching new talent. Most importantly, they are charged with helping our stores make a great first impression every day. Because at the end of the day, we can only sell what inspires our customers and it’s up to our Visual Merchandisers to show them what’s possible at H&M.
- Support in-store routines when necessary
- Ensure that orders for display materials and supplies are placed in a timely manner
- Check the material arriving to the store in a timely fashion, confirming quantities, condition, etc.
- Plan and work with sales and operation goals to drive growth
- Keep the visual room clean and organized
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of display materials
- Provide excellent direct and indirect customer service according to H&M standards and meet the 5 basic demands on the selling floor, in the fitting room and at the cash point.
- Minimize security and safety risks
- 2 years of retail visual merchandising experience
- Certificate or diploma fashion industry specialty preferred (i.e. Visual Merchandising Arts, Fashion Arts, Fashion Management, Retail Management)
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Strong visual merchandising skills and the ability to drive business through creativity, fashion consciousness and commerciality
- Ability to provide day-to-day visual training and guidance through H&M’s shared values
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A