Website Hawaiian Airlines
The Database Administrator implements and maintains various database platforms for the enterprise. Performance and reliability must be ensured at the database level to run business software. Database Administrators must understand the physical and logical database concepts. They are responsible to perform database analysis, tune performance, design database schemas, and ensure the reliability of the database.
The Data Administrator also focuses on the identification, classification, integration, modeling, storing, and accessing of information. Data must be understood in terms of its business lifecycle (creation through deletion) and of its technical lifecycle (CRUD – create, read, update, delete) so the optimal solution can be delivered. Members of the job family may work in systems development projects, reporting/analysis projects, or work on projects with data scientists and strategists to gain deeper insights to the information of the company.
- Proactively analyze database implementations and provide recommendations for improvements in performance and efficiency
- Enforce, refine and document database standards
- Assist developers in the development and tuning of database queries, stored procedures, indexes, etc.
- Recommend database and system management tools as required
- Troubleshoot complex database and performance related issues including after-hours and weekends to meet SLA
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, preventing customer impact
- Assume ownership of database related problems; pursue problem resolution and root cause analysis
- Participate in periodic backup audits, including test restores ensuring all databases and associated logs are being backed-up
- Work with technical/development leads to design, or review designs for databases
- Assess and identify database server resource requirements
- Develop technical specifications
- Review performance stats and recommend changes for tuning database and application queries.
- Demonstrated experience with computer or network systems hardware and software development methodology/process obtained through formal training, education, and/or work experience
- Strong in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in lieu of degree – 9 years of work experience in Engineering and/or IT environment)
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention
- Experience implementing operational automation
- 5 years of work experience in Engineering and/or IT environment
- Advanced knowledge of backups, restores, clustering, replication, high availability
- Advanced knowledge of performance tuning and query optimization
- 5 years of work experience as a Database Administrator on multiple database platforms
- Experience with database schema design and development on multiple database platforms
Company: Hawaiian Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Honolulu, HI, US
Application Deadline: N/A