The Shipping Area Manager oversees the day-to-day operations within the functional areas of receiving, shipping, storage / distribution of goods, and logistics. The Shipping Area Manager coordinates activities and provides coaching and guidance to workers in the quality team. The Shipping Area Manager works alongside and with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Supervisor receives direction from Management and carries out instructions based on given directive. The Area Manager is responsible for following and enforcing all safety, GMP and SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies. The Shipping Area Manager is required to be certified in operating all material handling equipment as needed by location.
- Communicate daily with carriers to ensure on time compliance
- Plan and assign work of subordinates
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training and corrective direction
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments within the distribution center in order to collaborate and solve problems.
- Maintain discipline, morale and harmonious relations among subordinates.
- Investigate and adjust personnel problems within area of responsibility.
- Effectively recommend as to hiring, promotions, wage adjustments and terminations.
- Respectfully support and follow direction from management and completes tasks with minimum supervision.
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures
- Responsible for upkeep of equipment including reporting defective equipment to management.
- Maintains the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Performance Management: for assigned responsibility, hiring, promotions, and performance reviews.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: professional, confidential.
- Results Driven and detail oriented.
- Communication Proficiency: speak to employees with tact and diplomacy.
- Time Management: tracking/monitoring production and maintaining productivity.
- Technical Capacity: Product quality, food safety, computer literacy to input information into the computer.
- Learning Orientation: able to take direction and relay information to employees.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A