The Analyst Corporate Accounting will be responsible for carrying out compliance checks on Owned VAT return and Managed VAT calculations. Challenging teams and ensuring correct VAT has been booked. Following transactions from the VAT accounts to the source documents. In addition the analyst will carry out a number of intercompany, analytical and reconciliation tasks. The post holder will combine accounting, analytical and organisational skills to effectively and efficiently contribute to the completion of monthly and quarterly VAT calculations and returns.
- Coordinate with third-party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, valuation specialists, financial printer, software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled to arrive at appropriate accounting conclusions and disclosures.
- Enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the department and Company.
- Support the team to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Manage cross-functional links to other finance teams
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Work with key stakeholders and departments to deliver appropriate levels of support
- Communicate progress against deliverables and project deadlines to manager
- Ensure departmental objectives and workload priorities are followed and achieved throughout the team, providing feedback as necessary.
- Execute, update and maintain accounting internal control policies and procedures and prepare supporting documentation to internal audit regarding completion of control procedures.
- Complete tasks in compliance with required SOX controls, with peer reviews in place to test controls within the team. Highlight to Manager any potential issues in advance with recommendations for changes to controls where required
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of Corporate Accounting responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to questions and queries
- Adhere to Management Reporting deadlines to ensure overall effectiveness
- Perform activities in compliance with all Company policies as outlined in the global accounting policy manual.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple concurrent demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities.
- Finance or Accounting Degree
- Ability to work with limited supervision, using own initiative with ‘can-do’ approach, thriving under pressure in a fast paced environment, being able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Solid understanding of principles and practical application of GAAP and the ability to communicate this to stakeholders at all levels
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience communicating and negotiating with all levels of management and external customers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A