A Kitchen Coordinator is concerned with the coordination of administrative tasks and projects within the F&B and Kitchen team, offering admin support to the F&B and Kitchen team while completing projects for the team, in line with prescribed Hilton International policies and procedures.
- Possess a positive attitude, take responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, communicate clearly with customers and colleagues.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities safely for yourself and others in the workplace.
- Maintain high customer service focus with the customers always in mind.
- Handle requests by other departments concerning the Kitchen department and process cake orders.
- Collect mails, write letters, memorandums and follow up on memos.
- Handle team members’ particulars and enquiries on public holidays, vacation days due to them and recording of their medical records.
- Fill productivity forms pertaining to the number of team members’ strength in their respective sections, overtime hours and number of extra labour involved.
- Motivated and committed, approach all tasks with enthusiasm and seize opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve personal performance.
- Arrange team members’ uniform requests and filing of accident reports.
- Record these in the attendance report including split shifts and transportation claims.
- Type and follow up on six months objectives, arranging team member and manager discussions for the employee’s progress report and assist in translations where necessary for team members.
- Attend F&B and Kitchen department meetings, keeping attendance, writing minutes and sharing the minutes to all concerned.
- Arrange Kitchen department and Kitchen office requisitions such as office materials, food and beverage requests, and market lists to ensure sufficient stock.
- Actively promote the service and facilities of Hilton hotels to guests and suppliers.
- Maintain high team focus by cooperating and supporting colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
- Respond quickly and positively to changing requirements including those on performance.
- Check weekly duty rosters, keeping track of changes in shifts and team members on emergency leave such as medical leave or compassionate leave.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to enhance operational and environmental procedures in the hotel.
- Prepare the supervisors’ files for briefings, including daily function sheets and documents of other Kitchen activities held in the hotel.
- Good translation capability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Organized and possess good communication skills.
- Good command of F&B and Kitchen department related expressions.
- Fast and accurate typing skills.
- Fluent in English to meet business needs.
Qualification & Experience:
- University degree, college certificate or secretarial training in a vocational school or educational institute.
- 1-2 years in a similar position.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waldorf, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A