Website JD Sports
To own and manage the Fishing Republic department within a GO Outdoors store. To lead and motivate an engaged Store Colleague team to deliver GO’s mission and strategic pillars at Department level. Be a brand ambassador for FR and role model the company values to exceed the customers expectation. Ensure department sales are in line with or in excess of business requirements.
- Action daily operational tasks to maintain the department to include but not limited to live bait handling
- Ensure all stock is displayed and maintain accurate stock records.
- Take ownership for escalated customer complaints by offering solutions to resolve the customer concerns to ensure we delight the customer and maintain customer satisfaction scores
- Communicate key business messages clearly and effectively to the Fishing Store Colleagues to drive performance and colleague engagement
- Support driving a sales culture in store that empowers Store Colleagues to deliver excellent customer service that installs confidence in the customer to purchase brilliant products that are suitable for their needs
- Review performance data, identify opportunities for growth and action areas of improvement to drive performance of the store
- Recruit, coach and train a team of high performing fishing store colleagues who are focused on exceeding customer expectations.
- Ensure the store fully complies with statutory obligations and relevant H&S Policies to ensure the store is health safe and legal for customers, visitors, and colleagues at all times
- Review and action customer feedback daily, celebrate successes and provide developmental feedback to the store team to enhance the customer experience
- Conduct regular 121s and bi-annual performance reviews with Fishing Store Colleagues to provide constructive feedback and review performance
- Knowledge of local market trends, competitor activity and the ability to identify local community growth opportunities
- A passion for customer service and a proven record of delivering excellence in this area.
- Robust working knowledge of retail KPI’s and the proven ability to control costs, increase sales and improve the customer experience.
- A proven record of successfully promoting and growing a retail brand in the local community
- Be able to demonstrate that you are a hands on manager on the sales floor
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to improve store performance & standards through effective planning
- A proven ability to not only deliver standards but to step back & challenge the accepted way of doing things to improve the customer experience
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of cascading business change initiatives clearly and concisely to teams and achieving successful outcomes
- Proven experience of effectively prioritising and delegating workload to achieve goals and objectives
- Previous management experience in large format retail
- Experience of creating and leading high performing teams to include all aspects of recruitment, performance & talent management.
- Keen and experience angler with deep knowledge in at least Carp or Coarse fishing.
Company: JD Sports
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stoke, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A