Website JD Sports
Provide Engineering support of the Mechanical Handling Equipment, associated systems machinery & equipment on site at Kingsway Rochdale. Working to the highest standards to maximise operational efficiency and ensure continuous availability for Operations.
- Ensure all areas of Engineering (workshops, stores, etc.) are clear and tidy disposing of scrap items.
- Ensure all parts removed or utilised as part of reactive or planned jobs are clearly recorded and captured using systems and approach agreed within the department
- Ensuring hygiene standards are always adhered to
- Always offer engineering support to the relevant level, to meet both the performance criteria required and to maintain manufacturer’s standards in order to facilitate full production schedules.
- Support all process control procedures in place and ensure all documentation is always updated and made available.
- Work toward and achieve agreed performance criteria as part of the departmental and site SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Work as part of the Engineering team in order to promote best practice and give continuous & sustained kit reliability to Operations
- Perform mechanical, electrical and PLC fault diagnosis on several different system types.
- Perform rectification of MHE breakdowns and the provision of technical support as requested
- Undertake preventative maintenance work, completing to the highest standards, as scheduled within agreed time frames, whilst maintaining accurate records of all maintenance and follow up actions via the departments CMMS system. Ensuring that the Team Leader or Engineering
- Managers are may aware of urgent requirements
- Demonstrate specialist equipment knowledge, coupled with individual flexibility, in order to facilitate PPM’s and breakdown rectification.
- Incumbent must be able to liaise directly from time to time with several different manufacturers outside of the UK.
- BS 2360 level 3 installation and construction of electrical services is the absolute minimum qualification. – Preferable
- Physically fit and able to climb and work up to heights of c25 metres.
- Knowledge of site, systems and practices gained ‘on the job’ through experience.
- Apprentice trained mechanical or electrical discipline with a recognised apprenticeship
- PC literate – knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to prioritise workload, work to deadlines and to work under pressure
- Working knowledge of PLC based control systems (Preferably Siemens)
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic technical manuals and drawings
- BS:7671 Rev 2011 17th Edition wiring regulations is a must have certificate. – Preferable
Qualification & Experience:
- Fully experienced in both mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis.
- Experience of working within an automated warehouse environment
- ONC/HNC or equivalent experience in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
Company: JD Sports
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingsway, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A