In this role, you will develop new features and improvements for the Case Console, working with your team, product managers and UX designers to build web-based products that delight our customers. You will own customer facing features through the entire life-cycle, from design, implementation, testing, deployment and into production. You will work to optimize applications for performance and reliability.
- From your first months in the Case Console, you will design and develop new features, ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and optimize applications for speed and scalability. You will also have opportunities to collaborate with team members and stakeholders as you learn to own the quality and operational reliability of our products.
- You will write high quality, maintainable, and robust code that functions well across browsers by drawing from your working knowledge of the latest UI technologies, frameworks and concepts including HTML 5, REST, jQuery, AJAX, CSS3, SOA and responsive design.
- You will work with UI Designers on website interfaces and utilize user interface design patterns to solve business problems with highly accessible and usable web applications. You will leverage your working knowledge of UI design principles to build new interfaces. There will be opportunities for you to showcase you understanding of how web applications work and perform, as well as your experience with troubleshooting and problem analysis.
- As a FEE, you will develop an understanding of what customers do and why they do it to ensure that solutions meet their needs and are fit for purpose. You will leverage your experience to make trade-offs between usability, performance, internationalization and localization, cross-browser compatibility, obfuscation, optimization, and cutting edge customer interface implementation.
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including data structures, object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Exposure to troubleshooting and supporting production systems
- Experience with UI test automation frameworks
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent working experience
- User interface design experience
- At least 4 years of experience building production web applications.
- Experience with React and Redux
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A