Our Trust and Safety Team focuses on scenarios where AWS hosted resources negatively impact third party on the Internet in addition to eliminating a wide a range of online risk for Simple Email Services. The team is key in maintaining the reputation of AWS’s IP Space and email deliverability. The team vets potential abuse issues and contacts AWS customers in order to put a stop to these harmful acts. The Trust and Safety Team acts as the first line of defense for AWS by analyzing trends and reporting findings to AWS service teams as needed. AWS Customers may experience abuse or attacks on their resources for several reasons including incorrect use of security protocols and/or tools. The team devotes their time and attention to helping identify impactful customer scenarios such as these. They classify incoming reports of abuse while exercising sound judgment in the decisions they make. Team members display strong technical skills while providing complex AWS account support to our customers and other AWS teams. The team works to create trust and maintain customer loyalty by going above and beyond the customer’s expectations to ensure Amazon Web Services remains the most customer centric company on Earth!
- Execute messaging to customers on best practices
- Due to the 24×7 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule that may include nights, weekends, holidays, overtime, etc.
- Manage their queues effectively by working and moving cases/tickets to relevant departments and providing required follow-up
- Be able to work independently, while knowing how/when to handle or escalate critical customer issues
- Monitor queues for trends
- Process limit increase request on behalf of AWS customers in line with policy.
- Facilitates escalations to other Trust and Safety stakeholders and escalates cases judiciously to either senior Investigation & Prevention team members and/or to service teams, while continuing to monitor those escalations to resolution
- Maintain acceptable performance metrics such as quality, productivity, first contact resolution, and attendance
- Quickly assess customer issues in order to provide accurate support by written and verbal communication and be required to contact customers by phone.
- Act as the Voice of the Customer by reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement while actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
- Own AWS customer issues
- Proficiency in MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel
- Ability to communicate complex transactional issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customer
- A 10MB fiber line is required to facilitate working from home until we return into office
- Familiarity with Web Technologies and the Internet (preferably website hosting or building)
- Strong prioritization, time management skills, and flexibility
- Familiarity with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing
- Background with eCommerce, risk, and fraud investigations
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in a customer support or IT Help Desk environment working within trouble ticketing/tracking systems and complex billing systems
- High School Diploma
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A