Website Old Mutual
The role will require the ability to price and execute trades as required but will also involve technical aspects of Asset Liability Management and so an understanding of the valuations and risks of various derivative instruments and structured products is an important requirement for the role. The role will be market facing, so development of relationships with various market-making institutions is also important.
- Management and development of various models and databases (dividend models, volatility surfaces ,etc.)
- Performance reporting and providing regular feedback to relevant business areas and stakeholders
- Execution of trades in the market on behalf of other members/areas in the team
- Execution of trades in the market to achieve the above objective
- Interaction with various market makers and liquidity providers
- Transaction Management of orders executed, ensuring they are processed and captured correctly for internal systems.
- Development of hedging strategies working with ALM area to deliver solutions to manage risk on behalf of clients.
- Keep abreast of industry, regulatory & compliance developments and develop appropriate responses
- Evaluation of risk exposures in various funds and managing them to comply with the various investment mandates
- Competence in programming languages (minimum Excel/VBA but Matlab, Python or C# are advantageous)
- 5 – 10 years in financial markets (either from an asset management or trading perspective) with a focus on Fixed Income investments.
- Multi-asset market exposure advantageous
- Technical degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Finance/Economics
- SAIFM RPE exams are advantageous
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pinelands, Cape Town, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A