Website Legal Aid
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
- Check completeness of documentation and compliance against Supply Chain Management principles and thresholds.
- Follow through successful acquisitions to completion.
- Enforce compliance in terms of SCM policies and prescripts.
- Report to internal and external stakeholders on the actual spending against the approved budget.
- Monitor deadlines.
- Ensure the SCM system is cost-effective and implement processes to mitigate potential fruitless, wasteful, irregular and unauthorised expenditure.
- Implement an effective document control and filing system.
- Compile procurement reports and undertake compliance monitoring checks.
- Liaise with the User Department on an ongoing basis with respect to Tender requirements and Tender status.
- Prepare Tender status reports and expected timelines on a regular basis as and when requested.
- Maintain tender files and compilation of various inputs to submit a more competitive bid document.
- Provide inputs to the Demand and Acquisition Manager for monthly reports.
- Assemble and maintain internal procurement documentation relating to the tendering process, including recording Management approval relating to tendering and contracting actions.
- Review and monitor the procurement plan and report on procurement delays.
- Compile business needs to be included in the procurement plan for submission to NT.
- Review documents for submission to the Bid Committees for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist in preparing bid specifications and ensure Bid Committee members are appointed for all tenders to be advertised.
- Facilitating of the negotiation process with potential service providers to ensure value for money is obtained in the procurement process.
- Provide Management and both internal and external clients with tender-related advice.
- Ensure service providers are appointed in line with approved budgets in the procurement plan.
- Presentation skills (verbal and written, writing skills) and good communication skills.
- Integrity and the ability to deal with confidential information are essential.
- Client service orientation.
- Organisational and administration skills; quick and innovative thinking.
- Planning and organising skills ability.
- Ability to communicate at any level of the organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of PFMA Act, PPPFA Act and B-BBEE Act.
- Efficient and accurate with attention to detail.
- Computer literacy.
- Financial management skills.
- Ability to initiate processes for the benefit of Legal Aid SA.
- Problem-solving analysis.
- Project management skills and knowledge to analyse and interpret laws and regulations that govern procurement is highly required.
- Knowledge of dealing with Treasury regulations and requirements.
- Basic knowledge of accounting.
Qualification & Experience:
- Three-year Degree/National Diploma in Supply Chain Management or related or relevant.
- A sophisticated collaborative style is advantageous.
- A minimum of 3 years experience is a requirement in a similar position as well as strong experience in implementation of the PPPFA, PFMA,
- Treasury regulations as well as a general understanding of B-BBEE Act requirements in line with procurement compliance.
- Experience in strategic and business planning and monitoring and reporting.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset.
Company: Legal Aid
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Braamfontein, JHB, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A