Website Life Healthcare
A vacancy exists at Life Wilgers Hospital reporting to Nursing Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and co-ordinating clinical practice and resources within the unit to achieve the Company & Hospital strategic objectives of quality, growth and people.
- Manage stock utilisation and drive product management processes within unit together with relevant stakeholders.
- Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with doctors by agreeing professional code of conduct, driving and monitoring effective communication regarding positive patient outcomes, functioning as an advocate for LHC and communicate impact of industry challenges on the Nursing profession
- Ensure competence of staff and students, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialisation, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Initiate and drive unit specific best operating practice, communicate these for wider implementation and participate in hospital specific marketing initiatives.
- Effective leadership and people management
- Effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Effective clinical leadership
- Identify clinical and safety risks and trends in all of the above, implement corrective action where necessary and monitor on an ongoing basis.
- Effective financial management (including equipment)
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of LHC values, operating model, Nursing strategy and image of the profession, actively sponsor LHC initiatives and projects to ensure continued and improved productivity.
- Drive and manage all people related processes within unit.
- Lead the implementation of the nursing care plan and co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of the correct treatment plan within the correct MDT program in order to achieve clinical outcomes.
- Implement national quality initiatives within unit with the focus on improved clinical outcomes and report accordingly.
- Participate in business planning and budgeting processes and manage nursing costs according to budget.
- Ensure staff are trained on the operation of equipment within unit and together with relevant stakeholders ensure equipment is in working order to provide a safe patient environment.
- Function as clinical expert in achieving patient outcomes.
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Leading by example
- Influencing (negotiation)
- Excellence orientation (concern for high quality work)
- Drive and energy
- Team work
- Ethical behaviour (honesty)
- Organisational awareness
- Building relationships & customer responsiveness
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Developing people
Qualification & Experience:
- Basic understanding of labour legislation, financial and change management principles
- Driver’s license & own transport
- Computer proficiency (MS office)
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing with approximately 5 years post basic and proven leadership and/or people management experience within
- healthcare (including clinical competence in area of specialisation)
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A